CLASSES RUN ON DEMAND AS A GROUP OR ONE-TO-ONE. BOOK NOW OR BUY A VOUCHER FOR AN EXPECTANT FRIEND!
Baby massage is a wonderful way of nurturing the special and unique bond between you and your baby and seen as an effective tool for communication.
Cotswold Baby Massage offers parents and babies from 0-1 (ideally newborn to pre-crawling) an opportunity to access four main benefits through positive nurturing touch:
- Interaction with your baby (one-to-one time, understanding non-verbal communication, respecting each other, imitation)
- Stimulation of baby’s systems (digestive, circulatory, nervous, respiratory, vestibular… muscular development and toning and mind/body awareness)
- Relaxation (improved sleep patterns, reduction of stress, being calm together)
- Relief from colic, wind, constipation, teething, excess mucus, growing pains, muscular tension, sensitivity to touch…
I am a fully-qualified IAIM Certified Infant Massage Instructor (a course accredited by the Royal College of Midwives) running five-week classes for up to 10 parents and their babies (but no less than five per class). I demonstrate on a doll while parents follow my lead on their own babies.
Over the five week period, parents will learn a full body routine – including a special one for colic – that they may take home and practice on their babies in their own time. The one-and-a-half-hour classes offer parents a safe, warm and stress-free environment to massage their baby and are encouraged and welcomed to join in gentle discussion topics, followed by refreshments.
Classes are very much baby-led, so don’t be concerned that the class timings may clash with your baby’s sleep patterns or feeding routines as you will still learn as you tend to your baby’s needs, with the help of clear handouts every week. I will also provide you with oil, mats and cushions.
Filkins Village Hall (groups only)
Group classes with a minimum of five are run on demand from this venue on week days from 9.30am (but starting no later than 1.30pm). The hall is set in a wonderful Cotswold spot with parking and easy access. Filkins has a pub and Woollen Weavers (including coffee shop) close by. I am happy to discuss weekend courses for Dads-only groups – a wonderful way for mums to have a break and dads to have one-to-one time with baby.
Your Home (one-to-one or groups)
One-to-one classes are held in the comfort of your own home within a 15-mile radius of Filkins (GL7 3JQ – please have a look at the map before you contact me). I regularly run group courses out of people’s homes. All you need is a warm room with some floor space as we work on ground level. For a home group it is preferable to have a minimum of five participants.
GROUP AT THE HALL
– For a group of five (but no more than 10) it is £60 per person for the full five-week course. I do not charge extra for those wishing to bring twins (and extra hands!)
GROUP AT HOME
– As for the hall above but our host goes half price! (Fewer people attending will be reflected in the cost; so the more of you there are, the more you will keep the costs down.)
ONE-TO-ONE AT HOME
– One-to-ones cost £100 for the full five-week course.
Classes run on demand. Please contact me if you are interested in a one-to-one, or there are five or more of you who wish to form a group class from home or out of the Village Hall. NCT or ante-natal friends, baby clinics and other baby-focused groups are good for asking around. Once I have a minimum of five names and an agreed time and dates (usually arranged via email) I can send you all a form to fill out. Payment is made before class commences.
I am also available for introductory talks.
Please find me at: